Wednesday July 19, 2023
£25,000 - £35,000
37.5 per week
Cobal provides a range of design, production, and installation services including signage, wayfinding, placemaking, brand implementation, and project delivery.
We’re known for an empathetic and creative approach to design, manufacture, and project delivery that gets under the skin of a project, but also for delivering results.
Our factory and design department are based in Berkshire, from where we serve a client base across the UK and EMEA which includes blue chip companies, global brands, and companies as well as collaborations with leading architectural practices.
Due to growth, we are looking for an experienced CAD Technician to join our small Design team in creating bespoke signage, wayfinding and placemaking designs for a variety of projects. The focus of the role is to translate sales and production requirements into technical CAD drawings to support the sales, production and installation process.
- Taking technical briefs from sales, customer services, and/or production to create/amend robust and clear technical drawings for client sign off, production, and installation.
- Supporting sales advising on design considerations to support the development of the most appropriate specifications for projects.
- Ensuring that all drawings are processed to budget, specification and time.
- Maintaining the CRM systems to capture activity per project.
- Supporting the customer service & order coordinating team with order/project delivery; completing comprehensive handovers, attending design reviews, and supporting the resolution of client issues for project sign off or development.
- Arranging for finish material samples to be produced or supplied to support the sales process.
- Occasionally visiting clients or sites for meetings and surveys as required.
- Ability to interpret and discuss briefs to create engineering drawings
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite
- High level of accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Methodical, organised and process-oriented with strong time management skills
- Strong team ethic, hard-working, committed, responsible and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop good internal and external business relationships
- ‘Can do’ attitude; proactive and willing to take ownership of tasks and projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Signage (or equivalent discipline) drawing experience
- Ability to travel to visit clients
- Product and creative design skills, in addition to the essential technical design/drawing skills
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package