Friday July 23, 2021
£35,000 - £38,000 plus £7,100 car allowance
35 per week
Great people work here…
We operate in a highly competitive marketplace, delivering quality Health and Wellbeing drinks to the UK and Irish consumers with the ambition to become a category leader.
Our culture encourages teamwork, healthy competition, and an entrepreneurial spirit, and our buzzing workplace is creative, dynamic, where everyone’s ready to embrace the next challenge.
Reporting to the Category Manager, the Category Executive will provide high quality, credible analytical support to both internal & external stakeholders, use category expertise to steer Twining’s brand retail presence, provide lucid analysis of category & brand performance to shape and influence retailers, through multi-sourced datasets.
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships and champion the company’s category strategies
- Produce clear and concise category insights to enable both internal and external (retailers) stakeholders to make informed commercial decisions
- Work as part of the customer team to deliver annual customer account plans – identifying issues and opportunities for growth
- Lead category management reviews as the “expert” to influence and drive ambition and support efforts to make gains in space, range (breadth & depth) and feature of brands
- Support retailer implementation plan of category re-lays – where appropriate
- Support the customer management team with credible category analysis and opinions in preparation for key sales meetings
- Provide category & brand performance and competitor reviews with informed recommendations internally
- Review, track and report market and competitor performance to drive action and growth
- Be the voice of the customer (retailer) internally, championing shopper & retailer insights
Skills and Experience
- Proven analytical skills, able to produce credible insights from numerous data sets with an accurate eye for detail
- Working knowledge of Nielsen/IRI data sources, experience of using retailer data sources/JDA is a plus
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills and able to prioritise
- A degree of commercial acumen with the ability to influence through category data
- Previous experience in category management not essential
What will you bring?
- Have a passion for Health and Wellbeing
- Deliver compelling category insights
- Influence internal and external stakeholders
- Has the confidence to drive change and is a quick-thinking decision maker with a can-do mindset
- Engaging attitude
- Able to prioritise and flex as well as tailor style and approach
- Drive for results
- Has the ability to bring energy and ambition to the role as well as be the owner of personal growth and objective delivery
This role is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and energetic graduate with one to two years commercial experience seeking a career in category management or an experienced category executive who is passionate about delivering compelling category insights to influence business and retailer decisions.