Wednesday August 24, 2022
up to £40,000
37.5 per week
A new opportunity has arisen in the Company Secretariat team for a standard listed organisation based in Winnersh, Berkshire. The role offers hybrid working with the opportunity to work from home (on average) two days a week.
- Maintain the Group’s subsidiary companies on a global entity management system and work with Assistant Company Secretary to obtain necessary information from relevant overseas colleagues or company secretarial providers for all non UK subsidiaries
- Arrange and minute meetings and collate and distribute papers for the UK subsidiary companies
- Maintain all statutory registers and other corporate records including the Group Structure Chart
- Action the end-to-end process for the annual accounts process for UK subsidiaries and certain overseas subsidiaries in collaboration, as required, with Group Finance and external auditors
- Support and assist with all logistics to ensure the smooth running of the Board meetings
- Assist with the collation of Board and Committee electronic packs at each meeting cycle and provide corporate information in relation to Company Secretarial papers for submission to the Board and Committees
- Assist the Company Secretariat team to ensure FCA/LSE requirements are adhered to, including the release of RNS announcements as required.
- Assist the Company Secretariat team in ensuring plc compliance activities in Jersey are conducted accurately
- Assist the team on annual events including Form 10-K and the Company’s dividend process
- Assist the Assistant Company Secretary with administrative tasks relating to the AGM process
- Assist the Senior Assistant Company Secretary with minute drafting and organisation of committee meetings
About Your Skills and Experience
A graduate or equivalent experience (preferably with a legal background), with the desire to qualify as a chartered secretary through the CGI Chartered Governance Qualifying Programme and a commitment to study is preferred. Prior experience of working within a listed plc Company Secretariat would be an advantage but not a prerequisite. You will maintain and develop cooperative relationships with multiple stakeholders by understanding organisational and cultural sensitivity. Meticulous attention to detail and an analytical and systematic approach to everyday tasks are essential for success.
In return, we are offering a competitive salary + study + benefits.
The organisation is committed to supporting the health and wellbeing of its people.