Friday August 6, 2021
Up to £45,000
35 per week
Our client is a UK-based company who design and develop the technologies needed for high speed flight. They create pioneering applied technologies that have the potential to change the face of a wide range of commercial industries – from aerospace and automotive to energy.
This role offers you the opportunity to work from home 2 days per week.
We are seeking to appoint a business focused Financial Analyst to join the Finance team within this fast-paced, hugely ambitious and growing business.
Reporting to the Project Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst will manage, coordinate and deliver accurate and timely financial information, including the production of accounts, budgeting, forecasting, and financials to improve financial control of programmes, projects, and business development opportunities within the company.
- Act as the central point of contact between the Finance function and Programmes department, providing financial support to the project teams, finance team and business development teams
- Prepare monthly financial information and analysis for projects including commentary to explain actual financial performance, and provide up to date forecasting from the Programmes team to ensure an accurate cost to completion for all projects
- Track progress of project activities and milestones to enable appropriate project financial accounting for revenue recognition, cost recognition and billing
- Work with project managers to prepare robust financial budgets and forecasts, and understand the financial implications and outcomes of project activities
- Prepare monthly financial information in conjunction with the project teams to understand the future company and engineering resource demand & forecast profiles, external and internal engineering spend and actuals
- Clear reconciliation of project accounting to financial accounting as a key internal control
Experience and Behaviours:
- 2-3 years Financial Analyst experience, ideally in a similar role and environment, in particular with an Engineering / Manufacturing operation
- A natural and engaging communicator at all levels throughout the business
- Be able to demonstrate experience of financial modelling
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience or interest in learning Access database
- CIMA / ACCA part-qualified or QBE with a strong background in project accounting