Thursday January 27, 2022
up to £40,000
36 per week
Reaction Engines designs and develops the technologies needed for high-speed flight. They create pioneering applied technologies that have the potential to change the face of a wide range of commercial industries – from aerospace and automotive to energy.
Pioneering innovation. Seamless teamwork. Unparalleled skill. Their people have always been their most valuable asset. They’re brilliant problem solvers who believe challenges are opportunities. They take pride in attracting the industry’s brightest minds and it is their diverse set of skills, personalities, and experiences that will help them achieve their ambitious goal. Sounds exciting?
Reporting to the Infrastructure Operations Lead, the IT Infrastructure Operations Engineer will be responsible for supporting and maintaining a first class IT infrastructure for the company, including network, servers, storage, and other infrastructure facilities. You will manage the company’s data assets and the data management practices of those using company IT facilities.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Act as a point of contact and expert in the company network and server infrastructure including virtual infrastructure and Wi-Fi provision
- Manage risks associated with Infrastructure provision
- Assist in the design and maintenance of a business continuity plan
- Assist in ensuring a full inventory of infrastructure equipment including maintenance and support agreement is regularly maintained
- Implement Firewall changes to allow business functions, but still maintain strict security
- Monitor security, SNMP, and Firewall events
- Microsoft365 administration
- Work with various department to assist with Infrastructure projects, manage the project lifecycle from brief to proposal to plan through to transition to BAUIT I
- Deputise for the IT Infra Ops Lead where necessary.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors, and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Reaction Engines’ corporate objectives
- A demonstrable and tenacious record of efficiently resolving problems, thinking laterally and creatively, and drawing on internal and external resources as identified
- Experience with networking equipment
- Windows Server administration
- Networking design and implementation
- L2/L3 switching – predominantly; VLANs, QoS, and routing protocols
- Wireless networking
- SNMP monitoring
- Experience working with Next-gen Firewalls and maintaining security best practices
- Knowledge of setting up and maintaining VPNs
- VoIP technology
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing faults, and implementing a fix
- Providing technical input into projects or being the technical lead
- Backup administration
You will be a natural self-starter, with a recognised IT infrastructure qualification or relevant experience. You will demonstrate strong organisational skills together with a record of success in prioritising and delegating effectively, managing multiple work packages, and a programme of projects. Your desire to deliver outstanding customer service, and ability to communicate effectively, and persuasively with both technical and non-technical colleagues, at all levels of seniority, both orally and in writing will be paramount to your success.
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after 2 years’ service) plus public holidays, employee share scheme, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance and a contribution towards onsite nursery childcare for children under 3 years of age