Thursday January 19, 2023
up to £35,000
37.5 per week
Our client is a professional rapidly expanding hoarding and fencing contractor with years of experience working in the hoarding industry. Working closely with their clients they create high-quality hoarding based on a specialised design, with individual character to suit their clients’ requirements.
Due to growth, they have created an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper to manage the efficient day to day running of the Ottershaw office.
This role offers a study package and hybrid working after the three-month probationary/training period.
Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the office and the transactional accounting function.
- Purchase Ledger – post all transactions to Xerox, process invoices, liaise with suppliers, resolve queries, reconcile statements, process staff expenses
- Sales Ledger – produce invoices, statements, liaise with debtors, update trackers, resolve queries
- Bank and Ledger reconciliations
- Working closely with Accountants to produce monthly VAT returns and management accounts
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director, including diary and meeting management, arranging travel and creating presentations
- Ensure the efficient daily running of the office including the administration of the van fleet and health and safety of the site
- Direct, manage and plan essential central services such as reception, security, utilities, maintenance, mail, archiving, storage, office supplies, office space, waste disposal and recycling
We are looking for an ambitious and independent Office Manager/Bookkeeper who is seeking a varied and diverse workload, and like us, is driven by quality, and a passion for their work. Ideally, you will be an accomplished Administrator with an accountancy skillset. Your meticulous and strong attention to detail, together with your outstanding organisational skills will be utilised daily. As a small, growing business, your flexibility and ‘can do’ attitude will be paramount to your success. Proficient Microsoft Office skills are essential and the ability to use Xero or other accountancy software an advantage. Experience in a construction industry related business dealing with both CIS and DRC is preferred.