Thursday September 23, 2021
£40,000 - £50,000
35 per week
Our client designs and develops the technologies needed for high-speed flight. They create pioneering applied technologies that have the potential to change the face of a wide range of commercial industries – from aerospace and automotive to energy.
We are seeking an ambitious Production Supervisor/ Deputy Manufacturing Manager to provide managerial support for the manufacturing of key heat exchanger products across various challenging sectors. You will assist in leading and motivating a team of technicians, ensuring on time delivery and quality targets are met, whilst acting as a key point of contact for internal projects updates.
Reporting the daily SQCDP activity, escalating any issues, setting up production lines for new products, and driving to increase efficiency through current product streams, with the support of other functions within the business will be critical for success.
- Deputise for the Manufacturing Operations Manager
- On-time delivery of manufactured products to the correct cost and quality, requiring a ‘hands on’ approach to ensure technicians are well informed of the work schedule and materials are planned ahead of time
- Support the further development of manufacturing process flow, from enquiry to job completion
- Support Manufacturing Engineers in process development and continuous improvement
- Reporting of SQCDP to the Production Planning Coordinator
- Identify product risks and development needs
- Support 8D/ RCCA activities
- Drive 5s methodology in the production area
- Manage the workspace including all equipment and consumables
- Work with Production Planning Coordinator on team training matrix
- Ensure compliance with current health and safety law
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure risk assessments routinely reviewed
The role has the option of two current work patterns:
07:00-15:00 Mon-Fri with one hour’s lunch
07:00-16:15 Mon-Thu/ Tue-Fri with 30 minutes lunch
Future expansion of projects may require additional shift patterns.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum one years’ experience in managing personnel in a technical/ engineering environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to energise a high-performing, matrixed team
- Able to represent the company in discussions with customers, suppliers and partners
- Personally motivated with a task-oriented approach, ability to achieve objectives with right balance of self-initiative and delegation
- Degree educated or extensive aerospace/low volume precision engineering industry experience with a minimum of HNC in a STEM subject
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance, and a contribution towards the onsite nursery for children under 3 years of age.