Thursday September 23, 2021
£48,000 - £55,000
35 per week
Our client designs and develops the technologies needed for high-speed flight. They create pioneering applied technologies that have the potential to change the face of a wide range of commercial industries – from aerospace and automotive to energy.
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, the Programme Sourcing Manager will be a key member of a multi-discipline project team, providing the interface between the Supply Chain and Programme functions to define programme needs and deliver a cohesive strategy for delivery.
Your key focus will be on defining Supply Chain solutions, including supplier selection and joint development, working with the project team and strategic suppliers to define the required specifications, and drive improvements through design changes, whilst maintaining the emphasis on driving cost, quality and delivery improvements while protecting the programme requirements.
Additional responsibilities include developing and deploying a complex category strategy and championing the strategy through all programme supply chains. You will select and develop strategic suppliers while ensuring the company IP is protected through NDAs and secure contracts.
- Create and implement supply chain commercial framework to meet the company requirements
- Create and maintain a commodity Supply Chain Strategy
- Monitor the execution of all contractual obligations in place including developing, reviewing and negotiating contracts with partners, project teams, suppliers, customers and sub-contractors
- Develop a practical, commercial approach to protect the company’s interests and project margins
- Support the Head of Supply Chain, deputising when needed, and the Programme teams to define the Supply Chain strategy for all Design and Sourcing activities
- Strong Supply Chain Management background
- Excellent contractual expertise
- Defining and developing supply chain strategies
- Complex bid management and negotiation in a complex commercial environment
- Defining and developing material or service specifications/statements of work
- Demonstrable success in cost reduction initiatives
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in heavy engineering, mechanical, construction or related industries
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a contract management level
This role attracts a competitive salary and excellent company benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, employer matching company pension scheme, life assurance, and a contribution towards the onsite nursery for children under 3 years of age