Monday December 20, 2021
up to £22,000
37 per week
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic HR Assistant to join our friendly Human Resources team based at our beautiful 50-acre estate in Hermitage. This is an ideal opportunity for a bright graduate or HR Administrator looking to develop their career in Human Resources.
The remit is split into two parts, firstly to support the ‘Check-In’ process, to ensure staff are provided with timely and regular feedback sessions in line with the company’s performance management strategy. Secondly, working in conjunction with the workforce planning team you will provide support to the management of absence tracking across the site predominately within the Residential area.
- Schedule monthly check-in meetings for staff within Residential and Education to ensure staff have a minimum of 10 meetings during the full annual review process
- Provide line managers and HR Advisors with metrics and reports
- Conduct monthly quality reviews to ensure objectives and actions that are set are fair and equitable to the role
- Support the HR team with any Employee Relations issues that evolve from the check-in process – i.e. organising any Disciplinary or Grievance meetings and note taking if required
- Monitor and record daily absences
- Follow up on absence calls and speak to the individuals concerned
- Process and manage the Self-certifications and Return to work forms, chasing outstanding documents on a weekly basis liaising with both the employee and line manager where necessary
- Inform the HR Advisers and the workforce planning team of all Covid absences, and review long-term absences
- Support the HR team and the appropriate line manager when required with any meetings that occur due to employee absence
Your excellent organisation and planning abilities will be complemented by your proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office. Your high level of initiative and ability to make decisions independently is essential, as is the ability to deal with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders sensitively and professionally at all times, and be able to demonstrate your commitment to customer service and effective team work.